Saturday, May 3, 2008

ActionScriptMemo_01

This is to share the memo's I keep to keep myself on-track when I'm working on this. I'm hoping it will be helpful to Mishie too, just because I don't have a way of showing what I'm trying to do otherwise.

Time 1:10 – 3:24
Before anyone freaks about the code (that I will send to email accounts), there isn’t any functional code yet. What I’ve done is further refine the chart from before, categorising into what flash needs. Some are missing, because they’re not directly connected with the ones listed and a few only need the filter class as part of their function.

Time 4:39 – 7:26
So when I went to write out the function list, it turned into listing the ones needed as well as some of the code that I think may apply in there. The next step is to find relevant code and put it into the functions, where it should theoretically work. Dekker seemed to understand what I had started to write down and wrote down code in place of it, so I think if I can properly demonstrate how each button will react, he will be able to robot it out. What he wrote the other day was is making sense and may apply to a few functions, so bonus. Otherwise, it’s a lot of referring back to the pong example.

The code mainly deals with pulling images at the moment, but sounds have not been forgotten. In my head I’m doing it Animation Production StylE, where all the foley is done in the final stages.

Planning to come back after dinner, but previous experience suggests that I can only take ~4hours of this before my brain goes kaput.

Time 10:09 –
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAtoomuchcaffiene.
Time to find the filter functions again.
Time 12:03
Time to stop for 2night. Keep going around in circles with my scriptSpeak, indicating that’s all I’ll get out of me 2day.Am coming to understand the BevelGradientFilter and how we can use it to effect. Tomorrow will probs be for making a simple sprout animation (KIS, dude) that we (through use of video editing) can activate and then the filters should be able to be stepped through using the walls night and day buttons to go to and from night and day at the very least. That’s how I think it’s going down, I’ll find out 2moro if that’s right or not ;)

Ciao Bambina’s!

No comments: